We have some fantastic beaches within 15 minutes and countryside walks right on the doorstep, so we are in a perfect location for you and your furry friend!
We thought it best to state our booking conditions for dogs, plainly and clearly on this page, so that you can decide whether Little Bengate Barn, the enclosed courtyard area of the cottage and the grounds of the site are right for you, and your dog(s) before you make a booking.
- Up to 2 SMALL well-behaved dogs in Little Bengate Barn only, by prior arrangement. The breed and age of dog must be stated at the time of enquiry before a booking is accepted. We do not accept any dogs under 1 year. The cottage and grounds are not suitable for dogs which are reactive to people, noise or other animals, as the cottage is located next door to our other one bedroom property, and the parking area and paddock are available for all guests.
- £15 per dog, per week or part of
- Dogs must not go on the furniture, or in the bedroom or on the bed. This is for hygiene reasons and for the comfort of all guests.
- Dogs must sleep in the open plan living area in their own bed or crate.
- Dogs must not be washed using the shower in the bathroom. This is for human use only.
- The cottage has an enclosed courtyard/patio area. Although this has a gate which bolts closed, we cannot guarantee that the enclosed area is ‘secure’ for your particular dog, so please supervise carefully.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times whilst on-site after leaving the enclosed courtyard area of the cottage. This is for the comfort and safety of all guests and residents, as well as for the safety of your dog (cars etc).
- You are welcome to exercise your dog on our large paddock area which is opposite the car park, you are entirely responsible for keeping them under control. Please note that the paddock is not an enclosed area.
- Dogs must be cleared up after at all times and waste securely bagged and disposed of properly in the bin, not in our hedging, as this makes for very unpleasant maintenance!
- Dogs must not be left unattended in the cottage.
- If your dog should cause any damage, or excessive cleaning is required, this will be taken from the security deposit, but if costs exceed this, we reserve the right to charge more to cover any costs to replace furniture/extra cleaning etc.
- You must ensure that your dog is free from parasites/fleas before occupying the cottage
- Dog bowls are available to use.
At Bengate Barn Cottages, we pride ourselves on providing a high standard of cleanliness, so that all guests, with or without dogs can enjoy staying in Little Bengate Barn.