We have some fantastic beaches within 15 minutes and countryside walks right on the doorstep, along the Weaver's Way, and around the village of Worstead, so we are in a perfect location for you and your furry friend!
Our policy for bringing your favourite four-legged friend is as follows:
- Up to 2 small-medium well-behaved dogs are welcome in The Cart Lodge, and up to 1 small-medium well-behaved dog is welcome in Little Bengate Barn and The Old Dairy Barn by prior arrangement. The breed and age of dog must be stated at the time of enquiry before a booking is accepted. We do not accept any dogs that are under 3 months of age. The cottage and grounds are not suitable for dogs which are reactive to people, noise or other animals, as there are other animals on the property (dogs and chickens), and the parking area and paddock are available for all guests.
- There is a charge of £15 per dog, per week or part of
- We kindly request that dog(s) do not go on the furniture, or in the bedroom please.
- Your dog(s) must sleep in the open plan living area in their own bed or crate.
- Dogs must not be washed using the shower in the bathroom.
- The property is enclosed by fencing but this is no guarantee that you dog cannot escape, so it is the responsibility of their owners to ensure that they are supervised at all times to ensure their safety.
- Dogs should be kept on a lead while they are outside of the enclosed paddock and should be kept out of the secured chicken run.
- You are welcome to exercise your dog on our large paddock area which is opposite the car park, you are entirely responsible for keeping them under control. Please note that whole the paddock is enclosed by fencing, some dogs may be able to get over or through the fencing.
- You must clear up after your dog at all times, and waste securely bagged and disposed of properly in the bin, not in our hedging, as this makes for very unpleasant maintenance!
- Dogs must not be left unattended in the cottage under any circumstance.
- You must ensure that your dog is free from parasites/fleas before occupying the cottage.
- At Bengate Barn Cottages, we pride ourselves on providing a high standard of cleanliness, so that all guests, with or without dogs can enjoy their stay.